New Years Eve Fireworks VS Our Dogs Anxiety
Why do fireworks upset dogs?
It is natural for dogs to be afraid of loud noises and also the smell!
The sounds trigger their nervous systems, and they can become anxious or afraid.
Running away from the noise is a survival instinct.
Remember, to you reassure your dog everything is okay when there are fireworks outside.
How do I calm my dog during fireworks?
1. Act normally around your dog.
Reassure him that everything is okay and nothing bad is happening.
2. Play white sound or music. ...
3. Close the curtains. ...
4. Distract your dog with a game or a puzzle treat. ...
5. Make an anti-anxiety wrap out of an elastic bandage. ...
6. Keep the dog on a leash if you go outside.